[Biopython] PSI-BLAST

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:13:54 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 7:27 PM, malvika sharan <malvikasharan at gmail.com>wrote:

> My OS is mac, Python is 2.7 as mentioned,Biopython 1.50.

That's a very old version of Biopython. Are you able to install a more
recent version?

And well as i said that the the error shows at the import.
> import os, sys
> from Bio import SeqIO
> from Bio import Entrez
> from Bio.Blast import NCBIWWW*
> *from Bio.Blast.NCBIStandalone import PSIBlastParser
> *from Bio.Blast.Applications import NcbipsiblastCommandline*
> from Bio.Blast import NCBIXML

If the earlier imports of SeqIO and Entrez work, then
NcbipsiblastCommandline probably wasn't included in Biopython 1.50, I would
guess.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Senthil Kumar M