[Biopython] internal function to convert illumina quality scores to phred

Alan Bergland bergland at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 31 18:50:36 UTC 2011

Hi all,

	I am trying to convert some code I've written to use
FastqGeneralIterator rather than SeqIO.parse.  For the most part, it
works great and there is a big speed improvement.  However, I need to
be able to convert the quality scores of 6 characters from the
Illumina format to phred.  I can't seem to find the function to do
this.  I'm sure it must exist, and I apologize if documentation for it
is sitting right there in the tutorial - I can't seem to find it.  Can
someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Alan