[Biopython] PDBParser Class --> Output

Willis, Jordan R jordan.r.willis at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sun Feb 13 01:52:42 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am loving the PDB tools that are available with Biopython. I am getting a weird output I can't figure out when I parse a PDB. My code looks something like this.

parser = PDBParser()

for file in open("list_of_pds.txt".readlines():
    struct = parser.get_structure("random",file.rstrip())

My script does what I want, except I get some standard output that looks like this for every single atom.:

.....Thousands of lines
G --> ?
CD --> ?
CE --> ?
NZ --> ?
H --> ?
HA --> ?
1HB --> ?
2HB --> ?
1HG --> ?
2HG --> ?
1HD --> ?
2HD --> ?
1HE --> ?
2HE --> ?
1HZ --> ?
2HZ --> ?
3HZ --> ?
N --> ?
CA --> ?
C --> ?
O --> ?
CB --> ?
CG --> ?
CD --> ?
NE --> ?
CZ --> ?
NH1 --> ?
NH2 --> ?
H --> ?
HA --> ?
1HB --> ?
2HB --> ?
1HG --> ?
2HG --> ?
1HD --> ?
2HD --> ?
HE --> ?
1HH1 --> ?
2HH1 --> ?
1HH2 --> ?
2HH2 --> ?
N --> ?
CA --> ?
C --> ?
O --> ?
OXT --> ?
CB --> ?
OG1 --> ?
CG2 --> ?
H --> ?
HA --> ?
HB --> ?
HG1 --> ?
1HG2 --> ?
2HG2 --> ?
.......More lines

I wouldn't mind so much except i have to parse thousands of pdbs and the unnecessary printing adds to the computation time.
Any ideas how to turn this off?

Jordan