[Biopython] NcbiblastxCommandline error

Gregorio Manuel Iraola Bentancor goyo1987 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 22:07:42 UTC 2011

Hello, my name is Gregorio from Uruguay. I am trying to perform some local
blast in my machine, but I got this error:

Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Apr 16 2010, 13:57:41)
[GCC 4.4.3] on linux2
>>> from Bio.Blast.Applications import NcbiblastxCommandline
>>> blastx_cline = NcbiblastxCommandline(cmd='blastx',db='K10909.fasta',
query='query.fasta',out='salida.xml')
>>> blastx_cline()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: 'NcbiblastxCommandline' object is not callable

I do not know what is happening, because the same code runs well in other
computers. I would really appreciate any advice or solution.

Thank you.

--
Lic. Gregorio Manuel Iraola
Grupo Genética de Microorganismos