[Biopython] Working with genomic intervals

Aaron Quinlan aaronquinlan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 18:39:34 UTC 2011

All,

I apologize in advance if this is a naive question. I am wondering if BioPython provides libraries for working with genomic intervals in BED, GFF, or any other like format?  I am looking for libraries that handle the parsing of files in these formats into Python objects, as well as libraries for manipulating (intersection, merging, counting, etc.) intervals.  I know this exists in Galaxy's bx-python, but am wondering if there are similar libraries in BioPython?

Gratefully,
Aaron