[Biopython] Looking for Python DNA melting temp calculator

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:41:09 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Ogan ABAAN wrote:
> I have code I generated a few year back that I use on a daily bases for Tm
> calculations. It is based on NN with all the monovalent ion, Mg+2, dNTP, DNA
> and even DMSO concentration corrections. I included all the references in
> the function it self if anyone is interested.

This sounds like it could be added to Bio.SeqUtils.MeltingTemp

> I don't know what the proper way to post the function, so please advice. I
> will be happy to share it.

If it is short, emailing it as an attachment should be fine
(I'll be expecting it in the moderation queue).

Alternative, please file an enhancement bug and attach it there:
http://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/biopython

Hopefully Brad or Sebastian will be able to review it.

Thanks,