[Biopython] last call for Google Summer of Code mentors

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 13 15:30:59 UTC 2011

Hi all,

This is the last call for mentors for Google Summer of Code.  We have a
good crop of student proposals this year for doing work on OBF projects,
and money from Google to fund them, but we need experienced Bio*
developers to mentor them.

If you'd like to see the student proposals, participate in their
scoring, and possibly volunteer to mentor them (remotely of course) over
the summer, do two things:

1.) Create an account on http://google-melange.com and send a request to
be an admin from the OBF page on there,
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2011/obf

2.) Join the OBF GSoC mentors mailing list at
http://lists.open-bio.org/mailman/listinfo/gsoc-mentors

Even if you just want to see the student applications and help with
scoring, but don't necessarily have time to mentor a student, your input
in the scoring process is appreciated.  :-)

Rob

----
Robert Buels
OBF GSoC 2011 Administrator