[Biopython] New project for Google Summer of Code 2011

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:42:12 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I've helped Mikael setup a Github account and forked the Biopython project
branch. Even if the project is not chosen, I believe this would be an
enormous contribution to the protein-protein docking community for example.

I'm leaving here some other links to further guide him (and other GSOCers)
in establishing the account and managing it:

https://github.com/
http://git-scm.com/
http://www.biopython.org/wiki/GitUsage

Regarding his proposal in particular, what I understood from the proposal
seems to go along what Eric said:

the foundation for a lot of  other computational experiments, new tools,
> etc.,

I think uploading an example of your code to a separate repository in Github
is the best option. Preferably functional code! Check the links above on how
to do that!

And also, create an account and upload the edited project (with the
timeline) as soon as possible to Melange. The deadline is tomorrow around
20h (Dutch time) but I'm sure it will be crowded so I'd advise you to submit
your application in the morning.

Cheers,

João