[Biopython] Google Summer of Code '11 proposal: Mocapy++Biopython

Eric Talevich etal at uga.edu
Thu Apr 7 16:13:18 UTC 2011

Hello Vita,

Thanks for your interest. Since it's close to the deadline and the Melange
site is likely to melt down under the load tomorrow morning, I'd recommend
putting this draft on google-melange.com now. (Not that I don't appreciate
the nice LaTeX work :-))

Regarding the timeline: the purpose of the Community Bonding Period is to
let you get set up for development and read about all the tools and concepts
you'll be working with. When coding begins in May, you should actually be
able to start writing something then -- even if it's just tests and
documentation. So waiting until July 1 to start writing bindings is too
late, I think. Se if you can prioritize the features you'll be wrapping, and
move the easier parts up to the beginning of June, at least.

Best,
Eric