[Biopython] Fwd: Other: Tree class

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:05:38 UTC 2011

Hi Wasiu,

Yes, Biopython can handle trees and parsing Newick format should be
easy with the Bio.Phylo module. See the "Phylogenetics with Bio.Phylo"
chapter in our Tutorial:

http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.pdf

If you have more specific questions, please sign up to the Biopython
mailing list and ask here: http://biopython.org/wiki/Mailing_lists

Thanks Hilmar,

Peter