[Biopython] Getting involved

Dragoslav Zaric zaricdragoslav at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 14:46:51 UTC 2010

Dear friends,

I will first introduce myself. My name is Dragoslav Zaric, I am from
country Serbia,
capital city Belgrade. I am currently located in Abu Dhabi, UAE,
working as professional
programmer. I have Master degree in Astrophysics and I work as
professional programmer
for more than 3 years.

I am not in the Bioinformatics field, but I have enough interest,
energy and will to contribute.

I have read biopython manual, so I have good idea and overview of
biopython framework.
Also I have good knowledge of python and django framework.

I wanna start contribute to biopython project so can you tell me is
there some planned
work to be done ?

At first I can get involved in programming tasks that are not totally
related to genetics,
like parsing of files, accessing databases ...

Also I have started to read AMAZING book on NCBI site and after
finishing this book I am
sure I can start to work on genetic problems in biopython. This is the book:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=genomes

This also gave me idea how to start to contribute to biopython. Does
biopython have
module just for searching NCBI bookshelf and books, like library
module ?? Maybe I can
start to work on this module ??

Kind regards

--