[Biopython] Primer3Commandline rookie question

Jukka-Pekka Verta jp.verta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 16:55:31 UTC 2010

Thanks Peter,

indeed I hadn't. I'm a rookie as I mentioned....

I installed EMBOSS tools (works from command line) and the primer3 program, set the path for primer3_core and I am able to run eprimer3 from the command line. When I tried to call my function test() from Python though, I got an error message

RuntimeError: Command eprimer3 -auto -outfile=output.pr3 -sequence=sequence -hybridprobe=True -psizeopt=200 -oligosize=20 -explainflag=True returned non-zero exit status 1

Thanks for your patient help!

JP