[Biopython] Lightweight version of Biopython?

Erick Matsen matsen at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 3 12:16:07 UTC 2010

Hello Peter--

Thanks for the quick response.

Perhaps "heavy" isn't the right word, but it definitely seems overkill
when all we want to do is convert between three file formats (FASTA,
phylip, and Stockholm). Furthermore, something little we can include
directly in the project (with credit given where it is due) would be
ideal. An installation script could look for Biopython and use it if
it's there, or use the lite version if not.

Thanks,

Erick