[Biopython] PDB Construction Error

Bhima A van der Molen bav853 at bham.ac.uk
Thu May 13 17:36:29 UTC 2010

Hi Peter,

At the end of last week you asked me to send you some PDB files that
would have been generated by the hsexpo script, which have been giving
me trouble.  I am sorry it has taken me this long to get back to you,
I've been away from the office since the end of last week.

The files I am working with are not directly generated by hsexpo. I used
hsexpo to create PDBfiles with solvent accessibility data in the
b-factor column.  I have used these output files as input into my own
program which randomises the solvent accessibility values for each
residue in the file.  This is part of a boot-strapping exercise to
verify my statistical analysis.

There is however a single PDB file constructed by the above method,
which is triggering the PDBConstructionError  I have not been able to
determine which one it is as yet, because I am running an analysis on
more than 25,000 PDB files and it has proven difficult to catch. If I
find something that looks like it is due to something in BioPython I'll
be sure to let you know.

This is really just to let you know that the hsexpo script is outputting
files which in my experience works well with the PDBParser.

Thanks for your support.

Bhima