[Biopython] GSOC Bio.PDB Project

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 01:38:07 UTC 2010

Hello All,

I've been using BioPython for a while now and I guess I'm a spoiled brat for
never giving anything back :) Also, I've been wanting to participate in the
last two years of GSOC but I've never found a project that I felt adequate
to my knowledge (ie. usually too hard). Thus, with this year's Bio.PDB
project, I guess I can give it a try to be accepted.

I don't have that much experience with coding in collaborative environments,
nor I have in big projects, but that's exactly what I'm looking forward to
earn. I know my way around BioPython and the Bio.PDB module, and I've had
enough headaches dealing with PDB files in the past couple of years to
nurture hatred up to a certain level :) And I have a B.Sc in Biochem, which
is a double-edged knife for comp. biology.

With this said, I guess I have to wait for a reply. If you need extra info,
feel free to email me.

João Rodrigues
@ http://stanford.edu/~joaor/