[Biopython] matching sequences from fasta files

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 21:56:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:
> I don't have a favorite, I have only tried BLAST  :)
> Is there an example of how to interface between python and
> BLAST. I have no idea where to start. I have never done
> anything similar.

There are examples of how to call BLAST and parse its
(XML) output with Biopython in our tutorial:
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.pdf

Peter

P.S. I am reminded of the old saying, "When all you have is
a hammer, everything looks like a nail." (by which I mean
even if it is not the best tool for the job, you could do it with
BLAST).