[Biopython] Could Bio.SeqIO write EMBL file?

Anne Pajon ap12 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 14:26:37 UTC 2010

Hi Peter,

I'm happy to work with git. I've already read the bioython wiki page
on it so I'm hoping to do the right thing.

I'm going to commit and push the ID line fix as soon as I am happy
with it, and to see if I understood how it should be done. Looking
forward to get your feedback.

Thanks,
Anne.

On 4 Mar 2010, at 14:12, Peter wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Anne Pajon <ap12 at sanger.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Peter,
>>
>> Sorry for taking so much time to come back to you.
>>
>> I've managed to fork the biopython repository on github and I think
>> I am
>> ready now to help writing improvements to Bio/SeqIO/InsdcIO.py by
>> adding
>> missing fields on the ID line and adding a PR line. I may look also
>> at the
>> SQ line.
>>
>> Does this sound right to you? Thanks to let me know.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Anne.
>
> Hi Anne,
>
> If you are happy working with git, then showing us fixes there is
> great.
> Have a read of these pages before you get going - it should help:
> http://www.biopython.org/wiki/GitUsage
>
> Otherwise patch files are OK - you can attach them to bugs on bugzilla
> rather than on the mailing list.
>
> Thanks.

Dr Anne Pajon - Pathogen Genomics, Team 81
Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SA, United Kingdom
+44 (0)1223 494 798 (office) | +44 (0)7958 511 353 (mobile)