[Biopython] sequence coordinate mapping

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 08:36:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Peter Rice <pmr at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> I have been following the discussion with interest.

Its nice to have BioPerl and EMBOSS folk on the mailing list :)

> This is something we
> also want to implement in EMBOSS soon after the next release when we
> seriously tackle mapping and large alignments.

Are you thinking beyond the simple feature mapping which I've had in
mind here (e.g. in GenBank or EMBL files)?

> It would be very nice to have a common approach across the Open-Bio
> projects. I will be at BOSC and ISMB in Boston so perhaps some of us
> can get together there and compare notes.

Sadly I won't be at the Boston BOSC/ISMB 2010, but Brad and others
will be. Maybe next time I visit the Sanger Centre I'll try and drop by and
visit you (Peter R) at the EBI?

Regards,

Peter C.