[Biopython] problem with SeqIO.index() and get_raw

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jul 31 09:16:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Achim Treumann
<Achim.Treumann at nepaf.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to biopython and trying to familiarise myself with its utilities.
> When I was trying to parse a swissprot.dat file to then copy the full
> data back using the get_raw attribute, I got stuck (Biopython 1.53,
> Python 2.6 on WinXP).

> As I am typing, I realise that get_raw might only have been
> implemented in Biopython 1.54... I will post this anyway, and if
> upgrading sorts it, I will send a reply.

Hi Achim,

Well guessed. Yes, get_raw was added in Biopython 1.54, see
http://news.open-bio.org/news/2010/05/biopython-release-154/

Are you reading the current tutorial on line (rather than the
version shipped with Biopython 1.53)? It does mention this,
although maybe it could be in the FAQ as well... would that
help?