[Biopython] clustering pdb

Christian Schaefer schaefer at rostlab.org
Mon Jul 19 09:56:45 UTC 2010

On 07/19/2010 11:39 AM, Bala subramanian wrote:
> Friends,
> I have around 3000 pdb files obtained from MD simulations. I would like to
> know if it is possible to cluster the pdb files using any of the biopython's
> bio.PDB or other modules. If so, i would appreciate if you could provide me
> a sample code.

It depends on what you mean by 'clustering'. If you refer to sequence
clustering, i.e. redundancy reduction on sequence level, there are
several tools out there (like CDHit) for that purpose. Not sure if
there's a native implementation in BioPython for that.

Chris

--
Dipl.-Bioinf. Christian Schaefer
Technical University Munich