[Biopython] Publication list

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:27:30 UTC 2010

Dear all,

We have a fairly extensive manually compiled list of over 150
publications citing,
referencing or using Biopython on the wiki, covering the first 10
years of Biopython:
http://biopython.org/wiki/Publications

*If your own Biopython related publications are missing from this list, please
add them. If they are listed in PubMed this is pretty easy.*

Keeping this up to date has been a tedious task, although now that we have an
up to date reference, which hopefully will get cited, this is a little easier:
http://news.open-bio.org/news/2009/03/biopython-paper-published/

There is an example in the Biopython Tutorial of using Bio.Entrez and PubMed
Central (PMC) to find papers citing a reference, or you can just use this URL:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&cmd=link&linkname=pubmed_pubmed_citedin&uid=19304878

Likewise, using Google Scholar also finds plenty of citations (although I don't
know if this URL will work long term):
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=1800471218280477755&hl=en&as_sdt=2000

Perhaps just a few links like these will suffice for tracking future
publications?
Or do people think we should continue to update the wiki in the same style?

Regards,