[Biopython] PSI-BLAST help

Steve Darnell darnells at dnastar.com
Mon Jan 4 16:15:38 UTC 2010

Alaguraj,

I am assuming you have already downloaded the nr and env_nr databases.
You can create an alias database file that will tie individual databases
together to form a larger virtual database.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/staff/tao/URLAPI/formatdb_fastacmd.html#4.1.
6

I have not personally used this approach, so I cannot offer more
guidance that this.  However, since biopython only provides a wrapper
for the NCBI command line tools, I would expect this approach would work
well with biopython scripting.

Regards,
Steve

--