[Biopython] is there an updated tutorial on how to use the Wrappers for the new NCBI BLAST+ tools?

Kevin Lam aboulia at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 08:09:26 UTC 2010

Hmmm found this in the blast+ manual is it possible to integrate this
somewhere in biopython ?Cheers
Kevin

3.1 For users of NCBI C Toolkit BLAST

The easiest way to get started using these command line applications is by
means of the legacy_blast.pl PERL script which is bundled along with the
BLAST+ applications. To utilize this script, simply prefix it to the
invocation of the C toolkit BLAST command line application and append the
--path option pointing to the installation directory of the BLAST+
applications. For example, instead of using
 blastall -i query -d nr -o blast.out

use
 legacy_blast.pl blastall -i query -d nr -o blast.out --path /opt/blast/bin

For more details, refer to the section titled Backwards compatibility
script<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=helpblast&part=CmdLineAppsManual#CmdLineAppsManual.I43_Backwards_compat>
.