[Biopython] Windows 7 installation issue

Oleg Moskvin ovm at uwyo.edu
Wed Feb 24 18:22:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've installed Biopython on my Linux system just fine. I also need a copy of that on my laptop running Windows 7. While this is supposed to be much easier procedure, the installer returned a silly error message "Python version 2.6 required which is not found in the registry". I do have Python 2.6 installed and perfectly working and numpy 1.3 installed smoothly as well. Unfortunately, there is no option to manually point the Biopython installer to the Python installation directory (which is C:\python26 in my case), so the installer quits and there is no apparent way to overcome this. What would you suggest?

Thanks!