[Biopython] Bio.trie

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 03:24:23 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

Over the past couple of days we have updated all C extensions in Biopython, except for Bio.trie, to be ready for Python 3.

Bio.trie would need some significant work to make it ready for Python 3 due to changes in the buffer protocol. We would like to know though how many users Bio.trie has, so we can decide whether it is worthwhile to update this module. If you are using Bio.trie, please let us know (preferably via the mailing list). If there are no current users, I suggest that we deprecate and later remove this module from Biopython.

Best wishes for 2011,

--Michiel.