[Biopython] slashes in Stockholm format names are not properly parsed

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 19:03:05 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Erick Matsen <matsen at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> Hello Peter--
>

>> Your suggested change to use rsplit makes sense - I'm
>> happy to commit that. Do you mind being thanked in the
>> release notes and list of contributors?
>
> Sure!

I'll do that, the code is already done:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/e332571bc77e40bc99599648bca60e6c76e4b455

>> Also, do you have a small real example of a Stockholm file
>> with sequence identifiers with embedded slashes (for our
>> test suite) - or is this a hypothetical problem you've identified?
>
> Attached.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

> This is a very minor note, but the README links don't all work on GH,
> because of colons. I tried to sort it out, but you'll have to change
> something. See:
> http://support.github.com/discussions/site/2281-leading-colons-included-in-links

Huh - I'd never noticed that. The README file is using some kind
of markup (not sure what off hand), and as far as I know it won't
break anything if we change it.