[Biopython] superimposing problem

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 21:14:54 UTC 2010

Hello George,

>From what I understood, what you want to be compare the diversity of two
loops based on anchor points.

Peter already pointed you to a great resource
here<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/moac/students/peter_cock/python/protein_superposition/>
.

To make it clearer, you should first define the residues you want to align
(or the particular atoms) and then perform the alignment.

For example, I wanted to align a loop in my protein so I defined the *
resi_range* variable to restrict the alignment to those residues.
Furthermore, I then made sure that I only used CA atoms with two for loops.

Check the code here (http://pastebin.com/V2UsGYGL), might help you
understand how it works.

Best!