[Biopython] help with parsing EMBL

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 16:02:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 Nick Leake wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm having trouble parsing an embl file (attached) with multiple
>> sequences. ...
>
> After making those three edits by hand, Biopython should parse it.
> I suspect your EMBL file has been manually edited. Where did it
> come from?

>From Nick's other email about the FASTA file,
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2010-April/006451.html
I can can see that the funny EMBL file came from the Berkeley Drosophil
 Genome Project (BDGP)'s Natural Transposable Element Project:
http://www.fruitfly.org/p_disrupt/TE.html

Specifically this file:
http://www.fruitfly.org/data/p_disrupt/datasets/ASHBURNER/D_mel_transposon_sequence_set.embl

I'll email them to alert them about the three obvious errors I discussed.