[Biopython] Qblast : no hits

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Apr 24 11:49:55 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Sorry for the blank email just now.

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 4:27 AM, Karthik Raja wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> I did try changing the paramters according to the WWW BLAST
> and its gives an error saying "no RID or no RTOE found". Its the
> same error i was trying to tell you in the 1st post. Its the "request
> time of execution". Is there any way to change this RTOE i.e. to
> increase it? Any idea?

Please show us an example with this problem (i.e. the python
code and the traceback).

What is meant to happen is we send the query to the NCBI, and
they reply with reference details (RID and RTOE) which are
used to fetch the results after BLAST has finished running.

My guess for what is happening is your parameters are for
some reason invalid, and the NCBI is giving an error page
(so no RID and no RTOE). Biopython tries to spot any error
message in this situation, but in your case could not.