[Biopython] SoC project (BioPython and PyCogent)

Sofia Lemons ulfada at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 01:46:14 UTC 2010

I'm working on an application for the Summer of Code project of
integrating BioPython and PyCogent. I've looked through the list
archives and saw Brad's general advice to other potential SoC
applicants, but I thought I'd introduce myself and see if there was
any advice specific to this project. I've used BioPython in the past
and even explored the code a bit. I'm considering working on one or
more of the bugs in Bugzilla if I can find time, and will work to
familiarize myself with PyCogent. Are there any other concepts,
projects, or people I should familiarize myself with (aside from
what's listed on the ideas page, of course)? As you can see from my
GitHub and Google Code accounts, I've got some experience with open
source projects, but please do suggest any specific tools or methods
you think I should try to get up to speed on, as well. Feel free to
contact me off-list.

Thanks,
Sofia