[Biopython] losing information

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 29 11:09:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Liam Thompson <dejmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter
>
> Thanks for the helpful reply as always. I upgraded to 1.51 from 1.49,
> but it made no difference, the information is still lost.

That is curious. Could you tell use a specific GenBank record showing
this problem (e.g. an accession number or a URL)?

By the way - Biopython 1.52 has been out for a month, although I
don't recall any major changes in the GenBank support right now.

> You are right that it would be better not to write the data to file, and just
> check over the file, and I will try to incorporate this into the next few
> functions I'm adding.

That would be best I think.

> Let me attempt the Bio.Genbank feature

If you really want to. The API is a bit different to Bio.SeqIO ;)