[Biopython] parsing an in memory sequence string with SeqIO

Michael Thon mike.thon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:35:49 UTC 2009

I have been looking at the documentation but I can't figure out how to
parse a string of text in a python variable into a SeqRecord object.
the main function (SeqIO.parse) requires a file handle.  I'm getting
the text from a web server POST request and it seems a little
inefficient to write it to a file before I do parsing with biopython.
Maybe there is some way in python to create a handle to a variable?
Thanks
Mike