[Biopython] allow ambiguities is sequence matching?

Christian Schaefer schafer at rostlab.org
Fri Nov 20 16:55:58 UTC 2009

Hey Cedar,

I'm currently doing something similar on protein sequences. A simple
brute force method could work like this:
Slide the short sequence 'underneath' the long sequence. After each step
   translate the current overlap into a bit-string where 1 indicates a
match and 0 a mismatch. Now you can easily apply a regex on this
bit-string to look for particular patterns like 'n mismatches allowed'.

Hope that helps.
Chris