[Biopython] About bioseqI0

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Nov 14 13:38:45 UTC 2009

2009/11/14 Han Chen <han.chen1986 at gmail.com>:
> Hi, List of helpful people,
>
> could your please offer me some help about bioseqIo?
>
> here is the error message when run  "python setup.py test":

> ERROR: test_SeqIO_online
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> ValueError: Unknown keyword '>s' found
>
> Is there anything wrong with SeqIO?

That is due to the ExPAYs website problem just recently reported:

http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-November/005823.html

We can update Biopython to use the new URL, but it would be
nice if ExPASy can fix their redirection as well.

> I meet the following error when using other package:
>
>  DeprecationWarning: Bio.Fasta is deprecated. Please use the "fasta" support
> in Bio.SeqIO (or Bio.AlignIO) instead
>
> could you please help me about this? thank you very much!

Which bit of Biopython are you trying to use? As the message says,
Bio.Fasta is deprecated. This is just a warning message for now, but
Bio.Fasta will one day be removed.