[Biopython] BOSC/ISMB conference reminder

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu May 14 13:26:41 UTC 2009

Peter wrote:
> You mean Monday June 29 and/or Tuesday June 30?  These are the
> first two days of the ISMB meeting, so my time would have to be
> juggled between this and whatever conference sessions look most
> relevant.
>
> http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2009 says "In addition, we are
> asking all speakers to come prepared to lead an informal tutorial on
> their software during a Birds of a Feather/hackathon session."
> So I will ask them to allocate us a slot on the Saturday/Sunday
> during BOSC itself.  They should take care of getting a room and
> internet access too.  This would be more of a basic introduction to
> Biopython (hopefully we can generate some useful additions to the
> cookbook from this) rather than a developmental session like Brad
> is planning.

I have emailed the BOSC organisers to ask for a Biopython "Birds of
a Feather/hackathon session" slot.  In previous years these sessions
have been on the Sunday afternoon - and didn't clash with any of the
BOSC talks.

If we have me, Brad, Bartek and Tiago there we should be able to
cover most user questions, and maybe also get some development
in too.  If it is just me and Brad staying on for the rest of the week,
we can get together informally (maybe an evening session in a hotel
or something).