[BioPython] how to retrieve data from PDB

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 11:04:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:59 AM, chen Ku <biopython.chen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>                I need your help in writing code to retrieve some of the pdb
> structures.
>
> Problem definition
>  I just want to use some PDB file not all 50,000.
>
>> I want to apply one python code so that I can know transcription factor
> binding to DNA only out of all pdb data. So please guide me how to proceed
> for this.

According to the website, there are about 2250 protein structures in
complex with nucleotides - and I assume some of these are for
transcription factors with DNA:
http://www.pdb.org/pdb/statistics/contentGrowthChart.do?content=molType-protein-nucleic-complex&seqid=100

I assume you'll want to search these PDB for entries which are
transcription factors binding to DNA, but I don't know enough about
the PDB search options to advise you.