[Biopython] Bio.Sequencing.Ace

Fungazid fungazid at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 20:36:54 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am trying to parse a large Ace file produced by newbler on 454 cDNAs assemly. I followed the Bio.Sequencing.Ace cookbook here:
http://biopython.org/wiki/ACE_contig_to_alignment
and indeed, I can now fetch several properties of my contigs (alignment of reads to consensus, contigs name, reads name).

Yet,I would like to know if and how to perform the following tasks:
* retrieving the quality of specific nucleotides in the read.
* getting the consensus sequence.
* fetching specific contigs with no need to visit all contigs.
* are there other important undocumented tasks ?

maybe you can help,
Avi