[Biopython] Biopython 10th Birthday Dinner (after BOSC)?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 23 17:59:15 UTC 2009

Hi all,

As Iddo pointed out recently, this year Biopython celebrates its tenth
birthday (although the precise date is a little hazy) and BOSC 2009
would be a good excuse for a party of some sort:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-February/004901.html

This year we are expecting at least five Biopython developers should
be in Stockholm for BOSC 2009, so this is a rare opportunity to get
together in person for a group meal. I would like to suggest Sunday
evening (28 June 2009), after day two of BOSC - once the BoF sessions
have finished.

We could do this on the Saturday evening (27 June) instead if that was
preferred, although that does clash with an OBF planned meal and
informal unofficial board meeting (Kam says Biopython folks welcome
but everyone has to pay for themselves), and the ISMB Orienteering
event, http://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2009/socialevents.php

Who would be interested and able to come? And does anyone know any
nice restaurants either in the city centre or near the conference
site? We may want to book something...