[Biopython] BioPython wrapper for UNAFOLD and NUPACK

Rouilly, Vincent vincent.rouilly03 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 17 10:27:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

First of all, I am quite new to BioPython, but I am already very impressed by its capabilities.
Thanks to all the contributors for providing such an amazing tool.

Also, has anyone looked at writing a BioPython wrapper for DNA/RNA folding/hybridization packages such as:
UNAFOLD: http://mfold.bioinfo.rpi.edu/
NUPACK: http://nupack.org/

I couldn't find anything from the mailing list archives. Sorry, if I have missed it.

If not, I would be interested to give it a go, and I would welcome any advice.
Would it be a good start to look at the Primer3 wrapper ?

best,

Vincent.