[Biopython] arrowhead width

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 8 22:07:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Iddo Friedberg<idoerg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way of changing the arrowhead width (as opposed / perpendicular
> to the arrowhead length) in GenomeDiagram
>
> Sorry, RTFM'd and looked at the source code. Could not find clues.
>
> ./I

I don't understand what you are asking - if it helps the arrows are
intended to stay within the bounding box you'd get using the default
BOX sigil, thus defining the width of the arrow head (i.e. the
direction perpendicular to the track).

With arrowhead_length you can set the length of the head (in the
direction along the track). With arrowshaft_height you can set the
shaft thickness, or depending on how you look at it, the relative
width of the arrow barbs (perpendicular to the track). But you said
you'd read the tutorial so this presumably isn't what you want.

Maybe you can do a simple sketch in ASCII art of as a small PNG image?