[Biopython] Reading from stdin with Bio.SeqIO

Giles Weaver giles.weaver at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:12:57 UTC 2009

I've added some cookbook documentation on this topic at
http://biopython.org/wiki/Reading_from_unix_pipes

Regarding the error messages, it might be helpful to refer to the list of
valid sequence formats and the supporting biopython versions at
http://biopython.org/wiki/SeqIO#File_Formats
I'd have spotted the problem right away if I hadn't already been
desensitised by the previous python newbie error messages I'd just seen!