[Biopython] Searching a local copy of the PDB

Jonathan Hilmer jkhilmer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:19:27 UTC 2009

Just for the record, a few years back I ran some Biopython-based code
to check structural statistics of a local copy of the entire PDB.  I
was parsing to the level of each alpha-carbon, but it was still fast
enough to be a very viable way to run the calculations.  Clearly in
this case it's not the best solution to use Bio.PDB, but if you have a
local mirror then there's no reason you couldn't do it via
structure-parsing.

Also, the PDB Advanced search should be scriptable, just not in a
convenient way.  The Python module ClientForm should handle it.

Jonathan