[Biopython] retrieve gene name and exon

Ogan ABAAN oda.gumail at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:19:56 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have a number of genomic position from the human genome and I want to
know which genes these positions belong to. I also would like to know
which exon (if they are from a gene, or even intron if possible) the
location is on. For example, I want to put in chr1:10,000,000 and would
like to see an output as such geneX-exon5 or something like that. I know
ensemble stores that information but I couldn't find the proper tool in
Biopython, so I would apritiate if anyone could direct me to one. Thank
you very much

Ogan