[BioPython] How to check codon usage for specific amino acid positions in a given set of CDS sequences

Animesh Agrawal animesh.agrawal at anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 15 09:21:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have been trying to write a python script to do the codon wise alignment
of given nucleotide sequences. I have downloaded CDS sequences (by a script
found on biopython mailing list) from genbank for a particular protein and
now would like to check codon usage for few specific amino acid positions.
Could you please provide me few pointers on how to do that. I also want to
take this opportunity to thank you guys for excellent work on biopython
documentation. I am new to python, but I am able to use cookbook/tutorial
example for my work with relative ease.

Cheers,

Animesh Agrawal

PhD Scholar