[BioPython] blastall directory problem

Stefanie Lück lueck at ipk-gatersleben.de
Thu Jan 8 15:07:06 UTC 2009

Hi!

I finally finished my program and tested on several PC's.
I'm doing standalone blasts, it's a GUI program for Windows.

By this I found a problem on the english operating systems because blastall has problems with spaces in the full path.

I tried to replace the path "C:\Program Files\Final\test"  into "C:\PROGRA~1\Final\test" but I get a message that blast is unable to open the input file. Maby there is a way not to give the full path of the database and the blastall.exe but only the file name?

Does someone has a idea how I can solve this problem?

Kind regards and a happy new year!
Stefanie