[BioPython] parsing pdb files

Bala subramanian bala.biophysics at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 15:48:32 UTC 2009

Dear Friends,

I have a pdb file generated by a simulation program. it dosent have the
B-factor information. When use PDBParser, i get the following error. I got
to know by googling that this is due to the absence of b-factor information
in the pdb file. Kindly write me how to parser such pdb files.

  File "arrow.py", line 7, in <module>
    structure=par.get_structure('test','1.pdb')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Bio/PDB/PDBParser.py", line 65, in
get_structure
    self._parse(file.readlines())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Bio/PDB/PDBParser.py", line 85, in
_parse
    self.trailer=self._parse_coordinates(coords_trailer)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Bio/PDB/PDBParser.py", line 158, in
_parse_coordinates
    occupancy=float(line[54:60])
ValueError: empty string for float()

Thanks in advance,