[BioPython] Does anyone use EZRetrieve?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 17:09:56 UTC 2009

> Hi,
> I got nothing back from this nor for Bio.Affy and Bio.NMR (I tried a couple
> of emails) so I would suggest you also mark these as depreciated for
> Biopython 1.5.

I'm being pedantic/nit-picking, but the next release will be Biopython
1.50, (one, fifty) and then Biopython 1.51 (one, fifty one).  There
never was a Biopython 1.5 (one, five).

> The EZRetrieve help page still refers to 2003 releases.
> http://siriusb.umdnj.edu:18080/EZRetrieve/help.jsp

Anyway - maybe you are right, and we could deprecate Bio.EZRetrieve in
Biopython 1.50 (rather than just declaring it obsolete with the
intension of deprecating it in Biopython 1.51).