[Biopython] cannot find elink_090910.dtd

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 23 15:14:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Chris Fields <cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:

> Just a quick question: is there any particular reason you need the DTDs?
> The BioPerl eutils interface doesn't use them at all, primarily b/c they
> aren't required on our end.

Our parser uses the DTDs (local copies) to know the expected data
structure, which gets turned into Python lists, dicts, strings etc using
that information. I don't know too much about the implementation details,
but this doesn't work on Jython (Python under Java) since they haven't
implemented the DTD parsing support we expect.