[Biopython] Why so few recipes in the cookbook?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 21:16:42 UTC 2009

2009/12/17 Daniel Silvestre <daniel at dim.fm.usp.br>:
> Greeting everybody,
>
> Is there a reason to the existence of so few recipes in Biopython
> cookbook? Is there a task force to improve the documentation
> and related stuff?

The cookbook wiki is still quite new (6 months or so), but the
idea was to encourage user participation. What would you like
to write about ;)

http://news.open-bio.org/news/2009/04/biopython-cookbook-wiki/

> Usually I see perfect reusable and instructional recipes in blogs of
> biopython users. But, they simply don't get to the cookbook.

Any specific examples? We can ask blog authors to put
some of their finished receipes on the wiki (with a link
back to the original).

Peter

P.S. Your message was delayed for moderation - probably the attachment?