[Biopython] suggestion: moving to the discussion list to Google groups

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:52:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Hilmar Lapp <hlapp at drycafe.net> wrote:
> If you own and operate your own brand, your equipment can still go out of
> order. But at least it's under your own control. Do you see that difference?
> Would you argue that that is unimportant?

+1 .

Just to say I fully subscribe to this point of view.

github is _different_ by the very nature of being a distributed
system. If tomorrow github.com disappears, it will be very easy to
recover from it. If google turns bad, we loose a lot of history as
google groups is not inherently distributed and thus neither resilient
nor fail-safe.

I prefer the status quo to the google groups change. From my point of
view the technological autonomy provided by the OBF is a good thing.

My €0.02,
Tiago